Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc. 6 kilometers from Hue, on a hill, in the town of Duong Xuan Thuong, is the tomb of Emperor Tu Duc. This place is surrounded by a pine grove and red jasmine, which is especially magnificent during flowering. The history of the construction of the tomb itself is interesting. The emperor planned to build a luxurious tomb even before his death and planned to use the building for his own purposes. For this, huge money was allocated from the treasury, and thousands of builders were forcibly connected to the construction. During the construction of the Pagoda, a political conspiracy arose, which was brutally suppressed by the Emperor.
Historical facts say that Tu Duc managed to stay on the throne of the monarch for 35 years, this is the longest reign of the Nguyen dynasty. The emperor denied himself little and was surrounded by incalculable wealth. However, despite a hundred wives and an incalculable number of concubines, he did not have offspring due to smallpox suffered in his younger years.
The eastern gate of Vu Khiem is the entrance to Tu Duc’s tomb, which is surrounded by a wall with eight corners. On the shore of Lake Lõukhiem there is a boat pier, to the right of which Ty Duc hunted on the island of Tinkhiem. To the left of the pier in the Sungkhiem pavilion, the Emperor communicated with his concubines and listened to poems and songs composed in his honor. This pavilion was built on high piles on water and has now been restored.
After passing through the gate you find yourself in the Hoakhiem temple, where the prayers of the Emperor and Empress Le Thien Anh were held. In the last time of his life, the Emperor used this temple as a chamber, where he stayed for a long time. Some utensils of the Emperor himself and his concubines, tombstones of the Emperor and the Empress, as well as 2 thrones have been preserved in the temple. Interestingly, the large throne was intended for the Empress, because Tae Duc himself was not tall, only 153 centimeters.
Behind the temple, the Minkhiem chamber, which was used as a tetar, and the Lyongkhiem temple, in which the mother of Tu Duc Tu Zu, performed her prayers, were preserved.
On the shore of the lake, the graves of Te Duc’s adopted son, Emperor Kien Phuc, and one of Ty Duc’s wives, Empress Le Thien Anh, have been preserved.
Here on the territory there are many statues of elephants, horses, sculptures of people surrounding the Emperor. One of the attractions is the largest stele in Vietnam, a plate weighing 20 tons.
On one of the shores of the lake behind the wall is the false grave of Ty Duc, since the real burial with many treasures is unknown. In order to keep the great secret, not to expose the grave to destruction and robbery by the enemies, all the servants, and there were more than 200 of them, were executed shortly after the funeral ceremony.
Tomb of Emperor Ming Mang. The majestic Ming Mang Tomb is located 12 kilometers from Hue on the banks of the Fragrant River. This tomb is famous for its architecture, organically inscribed in the landscape of the area. Ming Mang ruled for 29 years from 1820 and during his lifetime did not finish the planned construction. The tomb was completed by the new Emperor some years after Ming Mang’s death.
Three red gates open the way for us to the Court of Glory. Three granite stairs will lead you to the Pavilion of Steles. At the time of the use of the Tomb, there was an altar-altar here, animals were always used as victims.
Sunu An Temple, erected in honor of Min Manggu and his wife, can be seen by overcoming 3 terraces and the Hienduk port. 3 stone bridges stretch from the temple across the lake, one of them is paved with marble and was intended exclusively for the feet of the Emperor. Nearby are various pavilions and terraces.
Sunu An Temple, dedicated to Min Mang and his wife, can be reached through three terraces and Hienduk gate. On the other side of the temple, three stone bridges span across Chung Minh Ho Lake (Lake of Impeccable Purity). The central bridge – Kou Chung Dao, built of marble, was used only by the emperor. Ming Lou Pavilion is located on top of three successive terraces, representing the “three forces” – sky, earth and water. The Fresh Air Pavilion is visible on the left, the Fishing Pavilion is on the right.
In the very middle of the Courtyard, past a stone bridge with dragon-shaped railings and a bronze door, there is a small mound in the midst of pines and shrubs. Emperor’s tomb.
The Museum of Emperors – which is definitely worth a visit, is located directly in Hue on the street. Le Chyk 3. Open from early morning, from 06:30. The hall where the Museum of Emperors is now located was originally built in 1845. Particularly valuable now are the walls of the hall with a special script “nom”, ceramics, clothes of emperors and some interior items.
Imperial City (1808 – 1833) Thai Hoa Palace. Dai Noi – The Imperial City, which was partially rebuilt after being destroyed during the last Vietnam War, and Thai Hoa Palace, which has been considered an architectural example of such structures since the 19th century. This Palace is still one of the most significant buildings, here and now the most important political and judicial events take place.